Manx Electric Railway Official Souvenir DVD
Sit back and enjoy a history of the Manx railways, which opened in 1893. You’ll embark on a visit to Derby Castle tram depot, journey from Douglas to Ramsay on board an open tram and examine the trams on the lines.
Opened in 1893 with a short two mile line from Douglas Derby Castle to Groudle it was extended to Laxey in 1894 and into Ramsey in 1899. Skirting the east coast of the island, passing many glens and with panoramic views of the Irish Sea, this 17.5 mile scenic railway is the only one of its kind in the world and is worked by open trams and trailers, all more than a century old. Cars 1 and 2 of 1893 are officially recognised as the oldest electric trams in the world still operating on their original line.
This official souvenir DVD, produced with the full assistance of Isle of Man Railways, includes:
• A brief history
• A visit to Derby Castle tram depot and the museum
• A journey from Douglas to Ramsey on board an open tram, stopping at places of interest
• Groudle Glen and Laxey Mine Railways
• A look at the 100-year old trams which work the line
• The delightful Laxey station
We Also Recommend
100 Hits - 70s Heartthrobs (Various Artists) (CD)